2007-09-23

Once More With Feeling

Hi guys,

I'm going to continue in writing just as I promised.

I bet I should start with yesterday. We've been to Lichfield with our good old historian friends. Lichfield is a nice little city close to Birmingham. It has a great cathedral. (Actually, I really thought it was bigger than St Vitus, it is not, but there's not so much difference. Vitus is only 10 metres longer and the spire is less than 20 metres taller. Anyway, Lichfield Cathedral is really huge too.) It is also the birthplace of Dr Samuel Johnson, author of "A Dictionary of the English Language" - my sweet fresher year at university.

Anyway, the pictures are at http://picasaweb.google.com/marinov.jane/20070921, you can have a closer look.

Later that day we went to Derby Cathedral as Jana and Lucka are into bell ringing. We tried as well, really great thing. Pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/marinov.jane/20070921II. I have an opportunity to learn more of bell ringing, but I'm still not sure if I should. Something inside me tells me: "It is a Christian church, run away." But I guess it could be really fun. Well, I've not made up my mind yet.

The funniest news - I won an iPod. I opened a bank account at Lloyd's TSB and actually I didn't know there was a competition. Then I go to my branch to check if everything is okay and my consultant tells me I won . I was soooo surprised. Finally I had luck at least in game.

And that's about it, I should better go to bed, tomorrow I'm getting up at 6am 'coz it is the car boot sale day. I hope I'll have some money left after that.

Have fun, everybody, miss you all.

Mer

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat