2007-09-17

Welcome Week End

Hello again :)

Well, the Welcome Week is over. Today we were to Chatsworth. Fabulous! Pictures can be found at http://picasaweb.google.com/marinov.jane/20070915 and again, I'll add the descriptions later. It was really perfect, much similar to my previous visit to Blenheim (http://www.blenheimpalace.com/), again really great house and marvellous gardens. I was totally amazed by the maze . We were stuck there for twenty minutes before we found the way to the centre. Thrilling.

The whole week was really great. Basically we had lectures on every aspect of our new university life. We were warmly welcomed by the whole International Office. We've been given information on living in England, particularly that it is a really safe country but we should be aware anyway. Well, I guess they've never seen Hlavni nadrazi in Prague .

I've especially liked the lecture by Mr Kevin Bampton on Students' Rights and Responsibilities. The guy was terrific. He could sell charisma and wit. Strict to some extent, but also very pleasant. He told us some really important things the way we could laugh, but we also knew it is really serious.

All the people here are really nice, I'm afraid coming back to Prague is going to be a shock. I'm actually very much looking forward to the start of classes on 24th September. I think I didn't mention the dates, did I? The Autumn Semester (here are autumn & a spring one, not a winter & a summer as we have) starts on 24th September and ends on 14th December. The exam period takes only 10 days starting 7th January and ending 17th January. There are three balls during the year - Freshers Ball on 29th September (I'm definitely going), Graduation Ball on 19th January (I'll go if I find a job) and May Ball in May (obviously). Loads of things to look forward to.

Also, our flat is finally fully inhabited. Nacho had to move (the same problem as me, he was given the wrong room), but there are two new girls - Louise and Asha, both from England. Tomorrow there is another Welcome Party, this time for all Halls of Residence. I guess it'll be pretty great. The last one was fine, the only problem was that they drove us there and we had not a single clue where we might have been. And there was the last bus on 10 pm. So we finished a little bit earlier than we supposed. That won't happen this time BTW, the prices - my beloved Smirnoff vodka has gone a little bit up, it does no more cost £1.50 but £3.20... Beer is a little bit cheaper, at that place it was about £3.00, in our Students' Union Bar I can get a pint of Stella for £2.00. Also buying alcohol in shops is not so bad, you can get a bottle of wine at around £2.50 - I have to check this first, we haven't bought so many things yet.

Pheeew, how come it is half past twelve again? Tomorrow I'm meeting Jana, girl from the C.R. that comes back to Derby for her second year (I'm soooo envious ). And then the paaaaaartyyyyyyyyyy

Well, I'm off to bed, sweet dreams to everybody

Mary

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat