2007-09-12

The Start of Erasmus Programme

My dear friends,

I finally got to writing the first entry in my Erasmus blog. It's actually quite late and in my hometown it is even later, but I cannot get myself to sleep. I've finally cleared my room, made a little nice home out of here. You can see the pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/marinov.jane/20070911. There will be more, I promise :)

I came here Sunday night (two days ago). The flight was horrific, as usual. It had 45 minutes delay, the turbulences were really unpleasant, probably the worst flight I've ever experienced. However, I freak out every time I'm supposed to fly, so it is not really relevant information.

We (i.e. me and my classmate Kate) got to Derby at about 12:00 am GMT, then we moved in (actually, I was given incorrect room, so I had to re-move the next day), unpacked, went to sleep. The next day was really nice, the weather has been perfect all the time we're here, short shower during night, but otherwise it is sunny and quite warm (the English tend to go out in shorts, t-shirts and sandals). We spent the whole day walking round the city, trying to acclimatise ourselves.

Today was the first day of the Welcome week, we've been shown the university campus, told some basic information about what we're going to experience here, it was quite fun. I'm quite looking forward to the rest of the week. There are loads of things: welcome parties, trip outside the city, plenty of useful information.

Tomorrow we've got a free morning (I'll probably walk around and take some more pictures) and later the first making of friends. Looking forward to that.

Well, that'll be all for today.


With luv.

Mary

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat