2007-09-15

I am a UoD student

Hello everybody!

It's about the right time to write some more. Well, it's quite late again and I'm getting up early - tomorrow we're going to Chatsworth House (there will be a lot of pictures later, for now you can have a look at http://www.chatsworth.org/).

Today I've finally enrolled for what I'm going to study. As I mentioned before, there are just two days in school for me. Tuesday morning I'm attending Atlantic World, a subject dealing with American studies and American history. It'll be pretty difficult but I'm pretty sure I'll find out lots of interesting stuff. Tuesday afternoon it's Fiction Post 1900, contemporary British writers, yummy. Thursday morning I'll be writing my heart out 'coz it's the Writing Workshop. At last but not at least, Thursday afternoon I'll be Reading American Literature.

The rest of my days here will be devoted to hard labour and travelling. I've got already loads of plans, so I hope money shortage won't be a problem.

I'm still finding my way through the city. Today we were to Mickleover, which is a suburb of Derby (thanks to Steve, coz we would probably die walking there, it's quite a long journey) and also to Normanton, which is a quarter way south from the city and is absolutely fabulous! It like a multi-faith multicultural part of town where most of the Asian minorities live. Thus, you can find there Chinese, Indian, Pakistan, Kurdish (wherever it might be from) etc. cuisine, shops selling just and only saris, lots of interesting people in all the colours you can think of. That's definitely where I'm coming again!

Well, after all the enthusiasm, that'll be probably all for today. It's almost 1:00 am, as I said, I'm getting up early.

Take care.

XXX
Mary

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat